The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (generally referred to as the Affordable Care Act, or ACA) is the most monumental piece of U.S. federal health policymaking in nearly 50 years. It reorders not only many aspects of the health insurance and healthcare delivery systems but also long-standing relationships that underpin those systems. Yet beyond the sheer scope and content of the ACA and the policy trade-offs that led to its passage lies another story: its implementation and subsequent effect on the lives of tens of millions of Americans. In addition, there no doubt will be legal rulings in state and federal courts across the country that will alter the trajectory of the law and its implementation. (Teitelbaum & Wilensky, 2017, p. 169)
When President Barack Obama introduced the Affordable Health Care Act (ACA), several states banded together to challenge its constitutionality. On January 31, 2011, a federal judge ruled parts of the act unconstitutional. Obama’s law team formally appealed the decision in Florida et al. v. U.S. Department of Health and Human Services et al. Access the appeal and read pages 55–67 (starting with section B. Congress’s Power under the Spending Clause). (ATTACHED)
For this case study assignment, review the aforementioned pages of the court case, and ensure you address the following items:
1) the key components of the ACA and the impact of the ongoing legal implementation issues on public health,
2) the barriers to the implementation of the ACA relating to the legal aspects in question,
3) the argument for appeal presented by President Obama’s team,
4) the negative implications of the legal aspects in this case on public health research and practice and recommended actions to address the identified challenges, and
5) strategies that can be taken by public health stakeholders and leaders to transform public health research findings into practice.
Your case study must be a minimum of three pages not counting title and reference pages, which are required. You must use the aforementioned court case and your course textbook as your source material for your case study.
Teitelbaum, J. B., & Wilensky, S. E. (2017). Essentials of health policy and law (3rd ed.). Burlington, MA: Jones & Bartlett Learning.
Looking for a Similar Assignment? Order now and Get a Discount! Use Coupon Code “Newclient”
The post The Patient Protection and Affordable Care appeared first on Savvy Essay Writers.