Assignment 2—Effective Management of Tuberculosis
Multidrug-resistant tuberculosis (MDR-TB) has emerged as a global public health concern. Tuberculosis (TB) is contracted by breathing in air droplets from a sneeze or cough of an infected person. TB primarily attacks the lungs; however, it can spread to other parts of the body, especially if left untreated. The drug treatment regimen takes approximately 6 months or longer, so many patients become resistant to the medications after a certain period.
From the assigned readings this week, review the following article:
- Sharma, S. K., Kumar, S., Saha, P. K., George, N., Arora, S. K., Gupta, D., . . . Vashisht, R. P. (2011). Prevalence of multidrug-resistant tuberculosis among Category II pulmonary tuberculosis patients. Indian Journal of Medical Research, 133(3), 312–315. (Web of Science Accession Number: WOS: 000289322400013)
Write a 3–5-page paper in Microsoft Word format that addresses the following:
- Explain the significance of monitoring the prevalence of MDR-TB among Category II pulmonary tuberculosis patients.
- Describe the methodology of the study in the above journal article and how the study sample was selected.
- Analyze the study’s findings as they relate to the effective management of tuberculosis.
- Summarize the results of the study.
- Justify how the results of the study can improve rapid detection of MDR-TB.
Support your statements with appropriate examples and scholarly references.
Submit your assignment to the W4: Assignment 2 Dropbox by Tuesday, October 31, 2017.
Name your document SUO_PHE4095_W4_A2_LastName_FirstInitial.doc.
Cite all sources using the APA format.
Looking for a Similar Assignment? Order now and Get 10% Discount! Use Coupon Code “Newclient”
The post Please Do By 5am Special Topics appeared first on Nursing Savvy Writers.
Please Do By 5am Special Topics was first posted on August 9, 2020 at 4:56 am.
©2020 "Excellent ProWriters". Use of this feed is for personal non-commercial use only. If you are not reading this article in your feed reader, then the site is guilty of copyright infringement. Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org