This is an individual project. Each student must complete a network design for an office building that proposes a telecommunications solution to address an organization that is moving into a new office space. The target audience will be the organizationâ€s Chief Technology Officer (CTO). The network design deliverable is an Microsoft Word document.
The completed network design deliverable is due by 11:59 PM Eastern Time on the due date shown in the Course Schedule. See the Additional Information section of the syllabus for the penalty for late or missed assignments and projects.
The Network Design is valued at 15% of the course grade.
Congratulations! After graduating from UMUM with your degree, youâ€ve been hired by a local company that is in the process of moving into new space. Your job is design out the local area network for this new space. The office building has 3 floors with cubicle and office space for 24 workstations on each floor. Additionally, on the second floor, there is a separate space designated for four file servers, which will be used company-wide. Finally, there are two telecommunications closets on each end of each floor for housing network equipment. Please review the accompanying office diagram for specifics before you begin designing the network.
Your design assumption is that the network should support the following on each desktop workstation:
- a)Office applications such as Microsoft Office Suite (housed on one of the local servers)
- b)Electronic Mail (housed on one of the local servers)
- c)Network file sharing (housed on one of the local servers)
- d)Internet Access
- e)Database access to one of the local servers
- f)Occasional data streaming (live video conferencing, etc.)
Your specific assignment is to complete the following:
- Specify what type of cabling would run to each workstation;
- Specify the network device(s) housed on each floor;
- Specify the connections between the network devices and servers (what type of network are you proposing); and
- Explain your rationale for each of the decision above. In other words, why did you select the device/cabling/connections.
- Develop a physical network diagram that shows cabling choices, network devices and connections to devices and servers.
The CTO has asked you to develop a network design that provides the following:
- A Microsoft word document that spells out your network design, the recommended network cabling, device(s), and connections between workstations, device(s), and servers (in other words, summarize in writing your recommendations to the above), and develop
- A physical network diagram that displays the components specified above.
Your network diagram can be produced using any drawing software package available if you save it in a format that is viewable to your instructor, such as a pdf (check with your instructor to ensure she/he can open your particular network diagram). In addition, you may choose to draw your physical diagram by hand, which is okay. Please make the diagram neat and legible, use color to identify specific components and cable paths, label all components, and upload a high-resolution photo of your design to the assignment tab. You may break your diagram into sections (photograph and upload those separately) if you include an illustration of how these sections fit together.
If you utilize external references, your sources must be cited correctly in APA format. Your paper will be graded according to the Scoring Rubric below. Be sure you have incorporated all required aspects of the assignment.
This is an individual project.Each student must complete a Case Study that provides the requirements analysis and a proposed solution for converged network solution.The target audience will be the organizationâ€s Chief Information Officer (CIO).The Case Study deliverable is an MS Word document.
The completed Case Study deliverable is due by 11:59 PM Eastern Time on the due date shown in the Course Schedule.See the Additional Information section of the syllabus for the penalty for late or missed assignments and projects.
The Case Study is valued at 12% of the course grade.
This project gives the student the opportunity to get hands-on experience with Virtual Private Networks (VPNs).VPNs come in hardware and software varieties.There are a number of VPN apps that can be downloaded to your desktop and mobile device.One of these is called Tunnel Bear.Tunnel Bear has a free trial download.You are not required to use Tunnel Bear, but it is free.
Download Tunnel Bear (https://www.tunnelbear.com/) to your desktop/laptop AND mobile device (phone/tablet). Use Tunnel Bear for one week. Please keep in mind the free version is limited to 500 MB of data (so donâ€t use Tunnel Bear to watch Netflix or you will run out of data before you finish the assignment)! The idea is to experience a VPN client on your desktop and mobile device and keep a log of the sites your visit while changing the VPN servers that you connect to around the world.Make sure you change your VPN servers to a minimum of ten countries. Visit a minimum of ten websites (minimum of five sites on your desktop/laptop and a minimum of five different sites on your mobile device). Keep a log and make notes of your experience. What works well with the Tunnel Bear VPN? What doesnâ€t work so well. What specific performance impacts (if any) do you note. Why would you want to use a product like Tunnel Bear all the time?
Your deliverable consists of your turned in VPN log and a two to four page write up of your observations and experiences. Please include the following questions in your writeup:
- What VPN client did you use?
- Did you have problems installing the client on either your desktop or mobile?
- What was your general experience with the VPN client?
- What specifically did you note about the VPN client when you connected to various VPN servers?Provide details.
- What performance issues did you encounter (if any)?
- Would you use a VPN client like Tunnel Bear all the time?If not, why not?
- What are the perceived benefits of a VPN like Tunnel Bear.
Your paper will be scored according to the Scoring Rubric below.The bolded attributes in the Scoring Rubric must be used as section headings in the paper. Be sure you have incorporated all required aspects of the assignment.
Do you need a similar assignment done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you. We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism. Order now for an Amazing Discount!
Use Discount Code “Newclient” for a 15% Discount!
NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.
The post network design for office building instructions and vpn testing appeared first on My Online Professor.
The post network design for office building instructions and vpn testing – brainyessaywriters.com appeared first on Nursing Savvy Writers.