Read Midsummer Nights Dream play. As you read, answer this question after each Act.
After reading Act I answer the following question:
1) find a plot summary of P yramus and Thisbe, the play that Quince and his company are putting on for Theseus and Hippolya. Put the summary in your own words.
2)What problems might the company of actors encounter while trying to make this play happen? How might their personalities contribute to these problems?
3)Write a draft about your modern-language script based on what youve read in Act I
After reading Act II answer this following question: 1)What desires do each of the following characters have? What are they willing to do in order to get what they want?
2) Describe Pucks character. Use as much detail as you can.
3) Look closely at the way that the fairies speak, and then look closely at the way the humans speak. What are the differences in their dialogues? What do those differences say about who they are?
a) HINT1:makesuretoreferbothtotheloversandthe actors when answering the part of this question regarding the humans.
b) HINT2:Thinkaboutwhatwelearnedpreviouslyinthe poetry unit when writing about Shakespearean narrative.
4)Write a draft about your modern-language script based on what youve read in Act II
5) After reading Act I-II, write you final modern language draft below based on these two act.
After reading Act III answer this following question:
1) What malapropisms can you identify in the language of the actors?
2) Why doesnt anybody trust Demetrius sudden change in character, Student after Puck applies the love potion to his eyes?
3) What insults do Helena and Hermia level at each other? Make sure to include both the original language and your explanation of its meaning.
4) Write a draft about your modern-language script based on what youve read in Act III
After reading Act IV answer this following question:
1) How would you describe Bottoms behavior at the beginning of Act IV
2) When the lovers wake up, do you think theyll be able to go back to the way things were at the beginning of the play? Why/why not?
3) How has Bottoms experience changed, or not changed, his character?
4) Write a draft about your modern-language script based on what youve read in Act IV
After reading Act V answer this following question:
1) Before the actors begin their play, Philostrate describes it as: some ten words long, Which is as brief as I have known a play; But by ten words, my lord, it is too long, Do you agree with this assessment of the play? Why/why not?
2) Philostrate describes the actors as: Hard-handed men that work in Athens here, Which never labour’s in their minds till now Why is this both an accurate and inaccurate description of the actors?
3) What does the language of the actors reveal about the nature of their characters?
After the prologue of the play, Theseus states: This fellow does not stand upon points. What does he mean by this?
4) Why does the audience find Scout’s monologue hilarious?
5) What malapropisms can you identify during the course of Pyramus and Thisby?
6) Was the play a success? Why or why not?
7) Do you find the ending of A Midsummer Nights Dream to be satisfying? Why or why not?
8) Write a draft about your modern-language script based on what youve read in Act V
10) After reading Act I-V, write your final modern language draft below based on these Five acts.
Make sure to level the Act and question number on each answers.
Make sure to write draft in modern language and make a script in modern language at the end of the play.
Looking for a Similar Assignment? Order now and Get 10% Discount! Use Coupon Code “Newclient”
The post Midsummer Night appeared first on Brainy Essay Writers.
Midsummer Night was first posted on August 9, 2020 at 6:47 am.
©2020 "Brainy Essay Writers". Use of this feed is for personal non-commercial use only. If you are not reading this article in your feed reader, then the site is guilty of copyright infringement. Please contact me at email@example.com