Overview of family and family dynamics. (2-3 pages)
A. Review the current family system, household composition, and any other information relevant to the case analysis. Succinctly describe the presenting problem/s as defined by the family (when did it start, who does it affect, what are the beliefs about what caused it, what has been tried to resolve the issue?).
B. Discuss the central social/cultural characteristics of the family, and use relevant literature to discuss how these attributes are strengths and/or vulnerabilities. Highlight the particular dimensions of the family that would influence your approach to working with the family
C. Begin to point toward the factors your family therapy model would attend to in this case (e.g. sibling birth order for Bowen, sequences of problems for Strategic, etc.). Use relevant literature to discuss how these family system attributes are strengths and/or vulnerabilities and how the family constellation contributes to, or helps mediate, the presenting problem/s.
Part II: Analysis of the family through the lens of a family therapy models. (3-5 pages)
- Apply the material to the family- do not write in generalities about the theories/ models (of course you may include some of that material in order to explain why/ how you are applying the model with the family). Show you understand how the model applies to your
- Family Therapy Models Examples Include: Strategic; Structural; Bowenian; Solution Focused; Narrative Family Therapy; Object Relations Family Therapy; & Social Learning/Cognitive.
Family Therapy Model – Address the following:
Succinctly describe how the family therapy model would conceptualize the problem.
Review strategies that you might use to engage this family system in a supportive relationship. How would you explain the approach you will use to the family? What socio-cultural aspects will you attend to while working on engaging the client/family?
Discuss the assessment process and findings. How would you structure the assessment? Would you be meeting with the entire family each session? What information would you seek? What types of questions would you use? How would you share the findings of your assessment with the family?
Review interventions that may be used with this client. Select at least two interventions and discuss them in detail. Explain not just the general ideas of intervention from this model, but specifically how you would use the two interventions with this family directed toward their specific presenting concerns.
E. Evaluation and Termination
How would you know the therapy had been effective? What information would guide you in continuing interventions with this family, changing approaches, or terminating services? How would you discuss termination/ consolidation with the family?
Part III: Analysis (1-2 pages)
A. Briefly explain if you believe the model fits with the family’s presenting problem/s, needs, socio-cultural context, and history and why.
B. Discuss any limitations you see in how the model conceptualizes or intervenes in the family’s issues.
C. Address how comfortable you would be implementing the treatment approach. Where would your challenges and comforts be located?
Family Therapy Case Analysis Paper RUBRIC:
2.5 points Part I– Overview of client/ family and presenting problems (completeness, succinctness)
15 points Part II
- Conceptualization – A clear understanding of the model and its application is demonstrated.
- Engagement- Accurate use of the model’s framework/ Application to the family’s unique material/Attention to socio-cultural material.
- Assessment- Application of the model’s assessment approach/ Attention to gathering information that fits the model.
- Intervention- Identifying the model’s preferred interventions appropriately/ Accurate description of implementation of the model’s interventions.
- Evaluation and Termination/Consolidation- Evaluating goal accomplishment/ Aspects of termination/ consolidation/ Concerns about termination
2.5 points Part III
- Analysis of fit between family therapy model and family needs.
- Limitations of the model are discussed
- Student’s ability to identify challenges/utilize mode
5 points Writing
- Syntax, Grammar, Clarity of Writing
- References and APA compliance
- Correct Types of References
Excellent papers address relevant course concepts, are well-written and well-organized, use formal English, demonstrate a masterful ability to analyze the concepts and issues learned in this course, and show evidence of critical thinking. Excellent papers identify client’s strengths as well as their challenges.
Critical analysis requires that you: state/identify concepts, reference and cite sources, provide examples and definitions, discuss/analyze how examples illustrate the concept (or differ from the norm), integrate across course and other academic material, and consider implications.
Looking for a Similar Assignment? Order now and Get a Discount! Use Coupon Code “Newclient”
The post household composition appeared first on Savvy Essay Writers.