CHAPTER 7 IN BOOK
Answer one of the following:
1. The great problem facing capitalists in this period was the creation of an industrial workforce. How was this problem solved?
2. What factors determined where the transition to wage labor happened early, and where it happened later or not at all?
3. What kinds of people were the first to be employed in factories? Why them?
4. Why did people resist proletarianization? How were they able to resist becoming wage workers, or to improve their conditions once they did?
5. Beckert writes that “the capitalist revolution succeeded because it remained incomplete.” What does he mean by this?