Practicum – Week 2 Journal Entry
Select two clients you observed or counseled this week during a family therapy session. Note: The two clients you select must have attended the same family session.
Then, address in your Practicum Journal the following:
· Using the Group Therapy Progress Note in this week’s Learning Resources,
document the family session.
· Describe (without violating HIPAA regulations) each client, and identify any
pertinent history or medical information, including prescribed medications.
· Using the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Health Disorders, Fifth
Edition (DSM-5), explain and justify your diagnosis for each client.
· Explain any legal and/or ethical implications related to counseling each client.
· Support your approach with evidence-based literature.
SEE ATTACHED SAMPLE OF PRACTICAL JOURNAL
Wheeler, K. (Ed.). (2014). Psychotherapy for the advanced practice psychiatric nurse: A how-to guide for evidence-based practice. New York, NY: Springer.
- Chapter 12, “Family Therapy” (pp. 429–468)
Nichols, M. (2014). The essentials of family therapy (6th ed.). Boston, MA: Pearson.
- Chapter 3, “Basic Techniques of Family Therapy” (pp. 29–48)
- Chapter 4, “The Fundamental Concepts of Family Therapy” (pp. 49–68)
American Psychiatric Association. (2013). Diagnostic and statistical manual of mental disorders (5th ed.). Washington, DC: Author.
L’Abate, L. (2015). Highlights from 60 years of practice, research, and teaching in family therapy. American Journal of Family Therapy, 43(2), 180–196. doi:10.1080/01926187.2014.1002367
Mojta, C., Falconier, M. K., & Huebner, A. J. (2014). Fostering self-awareness in novice therapists using internal family systems therapy. American Journal of Family Therapy, 42(1), 67–78. doi:10.1080/01926187.2013.772870
Nichols, M., & Tafuri, S. (2013). Techniques of structural family assessment: A qualitative analysis of how experts promote a systemic perspective. Family Process, 52(2), 207–215. doi:10.1111/famp.12025
Papero, D. V. (2014). Assisting the two-person system: An approach based on the Bowen theory. Australian & New Zealand Journal of Family Therapy, 35(4), 386–397. doi:10.1002/anzf.1079
Looking for a Similar Assignment? Order now and Get a Discount! Use Coupon Code “Newclient”
The post Describe (without violating HIPAA regulations) each client appeared first on Savvy Essay Writers.