readings discussion 1 – Brainy Essay Writers | brainyessaywriters.com
-The two readings are attached.
-Please answer the following questions for both readings: Koul & Mathews.
- What kind of stories is the author sharing?
- Why do you think he or she chose to share those specific stories? What is his or her purpose?
- What do you think is the result of the author being so open about those experiences? What is your reaction to reading those specific stories in the moment? What do you feel as you read them? (Particularly focus on what makes those stories effective or not effective compared to others.) Which article was more effective to you and why?
- What is the author’s main argument?
- What are two pieces of support that help prove the author’s main argument?
- What intrigued you the most about the article? Did you enjoy reading it or not? Why or why not did you enjoy reading it?
- For both Koul and Mathews, look at the beginnings (the first paragraph) in the text. What was successful or unsuccessful in those beginnings? What kind of hook or attention getter was used? Why were they successful or unsuccessful for you? (Provide a least two specific pieces of evidence in your answer.
- For both Koul and Mathews, look at the endings (the last paragraph) in the text. What was successful or unsuccessful in those endings? Why were those endings successful or unsuccessful for you? (Provide a least two specific pieces of evidence in your answer.)
- In Koul’s piece, she grounds her reader in the tastes and smells of her mother’s Kashmiri cooking. Is Koul successful in engaging her audience with this strategy of using such a potent sense (taste/smell)? Why or why not? (Be specific in your explanation.)
- If we look at Sarah Thankam Mathew’s article in comparison to Jose Antonio Vargas’ piece from Week 3, they are both immigrant stories. Although they portray different perspectives, at heart they are based in the same motives: to seek a better life. How are their narratives different? How are their same? Which one was more successful in engaging you and why did you find it more successful? (Be specific in your answer.)
Do you need a similar assignment done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you. We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism. Order now for an Amazing Discount!
Use Discount Code “Newclient” for a 15% Discount!
NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.