Application of Opportunity Lenses
The focus of this assignment is the application of nine lenses of opportunity to a case study organization. Start the assignment with selecting an organization (Netflix, Inc.) that uses strategic opportunities for innovation. The goal of the assignment is to submit a course project that analyzes a publicly traded organization through the nine lenses of opportunity mapping. In the introduction of the paper briefly identify and describe your company of choice and the industry in which it operates and explain your rationale for selecting it. Your rationale should include an analysis of how the organization fits with innovative models, approaches, leadership, and the use of strategic assumptions. Be sure to provide APA citations and references to support on the discussion of the organization and industry.
The lenses are:
- Product and service innovation
- Customer interaction innovation
- Disruptive innovation
- Business model innovation
- Messaging innovation
- Business (enabling) ecosystem innovation
- Competency platform innovation
- Alliances, acquisitions, and collaboration innovation
- Global market innovation
This paper is to assess how each of the lenses could or currently does apply and what is the relative riskresources expendedversus potential revenue and profit. All lenses may not apply; if they do not, why? In each case, begin with the theory behind the lens followed by your application to the selected case study organization. Keep in mind the implications of sustainability:
- The enduring nature of the opportunities.
- How the opportunities reflect the impact of environmental concerns.
In your submission, be sure to explain why this organization is a good fit for applying innovative models and lenses and evaluates the fit of leadership approaches.
Sample opportunity map attached.
The last step is to create an opportunity map demonstrating the lenses, using the Sample Opportunity Map as a guide. The opportunity map plots opportunities over time (X-axis) compared to potential impact on the business (Y-axis) divided in three primary sections:
- In the businessincremental.
- On the businessnew offering or value proposition.
- Out of the businessredefines the business or category.
- Written communication: Must be free of errors, scholarly, professional, and consistent with expectations for members of the business profession.
- APA formatting: Your essay should be formatted according to APA (6th edition) style and formatting.
- Length: Minimum of 2,400 words, Times New Roman, 12-point font.
- Structure: Please include the following sections using APA headings (no abstract required):
- Body headings as appropriate.
- SafeAssign: You will be submitting your paper through SafeAssign.
- References: A minimum of five PRJ or PJ references (in addition to the required course readings).
- Writing Feedback Tool: Your instructor may also use the Writing Feedback Tool to provide feedback on your writing. In the tool, click on the linked resources for helpful writing information.